Options to Australian Citizenship
There are six main pathways by which you may become an Australian Citizen.
If, after reading the following scenarios, you find that you have further questions, or do not feel that you fit into any of these situations, we suggest you make an appointment to find out if there are any other options available to you to obtain Australian citizenship or perhaps temporary or permanent residence with a different path to Australian citizenship.
- Migrant with Permanent Residence
- Refugee and humanitarian entrants
- Spouse or partner of an Australian citizen
- New Zealand citizen living in Australia
- Resume Australian citizenship
- Person born in Papua before independence in 1975
- Child adopted outside Australia by an Australian citizen
- Child aged 15 years or under or an unaccompanied minor
- Child aged 16 or 17
- Child born outside Australia to an Australian citizen
- Child of a former Australian citizen
- Commonwealth Child Migration scheme arrival